At the risk of sounding trite, this famous Margaret Mead quote expresses why we get out of bed in the morning. We believe that high-performing teams working together toward a shared goal is the key to making great things happen. Figuring out how to make teams great is at the heart of what we do.
Current Open Roles
We are currently accepting inquiries for all roles in our offices in LONDON, UK and BROOKLYN, NY.
- Discovering new ways to pursue our purpose
- Designing and delivering scaled culture and organizational change programs for our clients
- Coaching clients on more responsive ways of working (and thinking)
- Identifying improvements to core client processes
- Surfacing opportunities for growth in our work
- Actively sensing and proposing ongoing improvements to internal operations and governance
- Contributing to the ongoing development of our theory
- Finding other great team members to join the team
What you can expect from August
Scale your impact: We work with some of the most influential organizations in the world to change how they operate. Team by team, watch your work impact the lives of thousands of employees and millions of end-users.
A commitment to diversity in all respects: Diversity of experience and perspective is a critical ingredient in building great teams. As we grow we are committed to building an inclusive culture and prioritizing diversity of gender, race, ethnicity, and sexual orientation among our team members. Read about how we're tackling diversity...
Own a business: After an initial trial period, you will receive a grant of real equity in our business (no options or phantom equity here).
Everyone is a member of the leadership team: Because we’re self-managed, everyone gets to make big, important decisions and run a real, profit-earning business.
Learn fast: Continual improvement is core to how we operate. Every team member is given the resources and full commitment of the company to accelerate their career development.
Great health benefits: 100% health insurance coverage for individuals, 80% for families.
Work-life integration: We trust you to use your best judgement about where and when to do your work. Take a vacation when you need it, work from home while you wait for a delivery, share a beer after work with your team, have a retrospective over breakfast, bring your dog!
See the world: Our clients and partner-network take us everywhere. If you enjoy travel, you can have the chance to visit some of the most interesting and exciting cities in the world (and keep the miles for yourself).
Build the culture and business with us: We are a young company, with lots of growth ahead of us. We are also sure that we don’t know everything yet, and we are eager to build something together.
Use us as a platform for your reputation: Our collective influence depends on the influence of each team member. We’re connected to a tremendous international network of leading thinkers and practitioners and we encourage members to make the most of it.
No strings attached: We believe that healthy employee retention relies on engagement and connection to the collective purpose. We don’t believe in negative retention tactics, and do not ask team members to sign non-compete or non-solicitation agreements.
Benefits and Perks
- Health Insurance - we cover 100% of cost for individuals and 80% dependent(s)
- Dental and Vision - we cover 100% of cost for individuals and dependent(s)
- Additional health benefits - Health Care FSA, Dependent Care FSA, One Medical Group, Health Advocate
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan – August will contribute a 100% match of your contributions on the first 6% of your salary
- Annual Leave – unlimited vacation, sick, wellness, etc. and holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Years Eve
- Parental Leave – Team members are encouraged to take up to 16 weeks paid leave when they become new parents, regardless of gender or biological relation to the child or children. The timing of the leave is at the employee’s discretion.
- Tech – you choose what you want
- Cell Phone Plan – reimburse up to $100/month of your cell phone plan
- Travel Benefits – WageWorks, $100/monthly reimbursement, Citi Bike Membership
- Professional Development Budget – up to $700 per trimester for events contributing to individual development
Inspired by our purpose
Excited about the most human aspects of work
Skeptical of any status quo (including our own); optimistic about our ability to make things better, together
Motivated to work hard towards an uncertain, unpredictable future
- Ready to coach leaders at multinational corporations, global nonprofits, and fast-growth startups
How to improve your chances
Get familiar with our Purpose and 5 guiding principles, and consider how they apply to other organizations.
Spend some time in our Public Google Drive folder and tell us what you think.
Subscribe to our newsletter, and dig through the archives to learn what’s on our mind.
Share your writing with us. We’re big fans of Medium, and enjoy reading others’ thoughts about self-organization, the future of work, and solving the problems of scale.
Join our team
We are always interested in meeting talented people, and developing our network. If August sounds like a place you'd like to work, we would love to hear from you.
Most importantly, we would love to hear about why our purpose is compelling to you, and how you think you can help us achieve it.